Sunday, April 5, 2015

usability - How to handle state of a toggle switch?


I'm wondering about how to create a useful implementation of a toggle switch.


(think iOS style: enter image description here)


It is meant to be used in web applications. Because of that, an important point is, that after switching the toggle on/off in the UI, a request is send to the server, then (sooner or later) the server responds, if the action succeeded or not (via asynchronous JavaScript).


So I used the search and found a similar question with an accepted answer:



Toggle Switch with Delayed State Change


A loading animation while waiting is of course a good idea.


But my question is:


How to handle a failed request?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...