Wednesday, June 24, 2015

adobe photoshop - How do I extend an image by adding blur to sides?


I need to make an image 1080 x 1920. But when I do, the image looks very distorted. Is there a way I can extend an image by adding this blur to the sides of it? Also, does anyone know what this is called? I use Gimp as my primary editor. Any feedback would be appreciated


enter image description here



Answer



These are steps with Gimp (or any other image processing software) to add a blurred border to an image.


enter image description here



  1. Select all of the image (Select > All)

  2. Shrink selection to desired size for paste below (7).


  3. Feather selection to desired size for paste below (7).

  4. Copy selection (Edit > Copy) to clipboard

  5. Scale image to desired output size.

  6. Blur the scaled image (here I just used a radial blur):


enter image description here



  1. Paste the image from clipboard:


enter image description here





From the set of G'MIC plugins we also have a preset filter for a simple blurred frame (Frames > Frame [blur]).


enter image description here




In case the background of an image we want to extend is not blurred but has many details we can use the Heal Selection tool to fill the extended areas.



  1. Crop-Extend source image to desired size:


enter image description here




  1. Select the extended background to apply heal selection:


enter image description here



  1. Add blur to hide the artifacts produced by heal selection:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...