Monday, June 15, 2015

Our note in footnote of a book


How do I designate the footnotes that are mine inside a quote?


I tried "our note", "note ours" and "remark is ours". Which one is the correct one and most commonly used? Or is there some other way?


For example:


He provides an argument for it:
"Before the Greeks, the ancient Egyptians
used it[1] in the construction of their great pyramids."


------
[1] The Golden Section - note ours. <-- this is MY (drozzy's) note, not the original author's

So you can see there is my note inside a quote.


Or if I have something without a footnote.


He provides an argument for it:

"Before the Greeks, the ancient Egyptians
used it (Golden Section - note ours) in

the construction of their great pyramids."


Note where I use note ours, to clarify that it is a Golden Section.


Any help appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...