Sunday, June 14, 2015

Outline stroke from path in Illustrator


I've made a path in Illustrator which I need to be outlined. Quickest way to do this is with Outline Stroke, but then you'll get this united shape (see object in the middle below).


Is there a way to outline a path in a Devide-like way?


I want the object to be like the first cross, instead of the second cross I'm getting with Outline Stroke.


I want the object to be devided so I can easily remove imperfections.



Thanks!


enter image description here



Answer



Use Object > Flatten Transparency and move the slider all the way to the right. Even though there maybe no transparency, for some reason (which I can't explain) this command expands the stroke in a different manner.


enter image description here


This is somewhat dependent upon the version of Illustrator you maybe using. The commands have a nasty tendency to be slightly different based on the Illustrator version. For example, CS6 won't leave that centerline, when flattening transparency or Expanding, like CC does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...