Friday, June 19, 2015

interaction design - What should the default view of a map be when you don't know a user's location?


I'm working on a project for a company with thousands of global locations. For the 'store locator' the client has asked what is the default view of the map when it's impossible to get GEO IP. I'm kind of stumped. My gut reaction was to show the map zoomed out to global view, but then what would I show in the location list on the left? (There are thousands of locations.)


What would you do in this case?


Here's example: http://buff.ly/1eqJMbB



I am trying not to paginate the list on the left.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...