Monday, June 15, 2015

adobe photoshop - How to create a non-destructive and reusable blurred/frosted glass effect?


How can I create a generic blurred background that can be used on multiple images similar to the example below?


I need a white frosted glass looking png that I can set use to layer over regular images to give them all a frosted glass look (like you can almost make out whats behind it; maybe some colors).


Examples:


Example blurred image
Click on image for full resolution


enter image description here



Maybe a white background with texture (grainy texture) then Gaussian blur that and then use it as a layer over all my images.


I know the link I posted above is probably just an image blurred, but I need a layer that can be reused in an iOS project. This way it can be used a view layer over sections of an image and make the image underneath look blurred. Maybe I shouldn't use blur as the term here. I am looking for frosted glass look.


What I am trying to do with this image is import it to my iOS app use it a view background. Then when this view is over other views (a map view, a photo, etc...) they all are frosted. I am trying to create the effect of this image from iOS 7. And no I don't want to use the new iOS 7 design features, because most of my users are on iOS 5 still. And no I don't want to force them to upgrade.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...