Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Call vs. Put Option


I have two interrelated questions that have been bothering me for some time. I have read all the stuff online and it still doesn't make sense to me:



Let us assume:



  • 0% interest rate (both hedge funding and discounting rate)

  • 0% dividends


Hence, Forward=Spot.




  1. Why is the price of a ATM put equal to the price of a ATM call? What is happening to the log-normal distribution here, shouldn't the call be more expensive? (two 50% increases lead to a greater payoff(225% Spot) than 2 50% decreases (25% Spot).





  2. Very related.. why is then a 110% Call Option worth more than a 90% Put option (under the same conditions as above)?






No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...