Monday, June 15, 2015

mobile - How to present heavy data tables on smartphones?


Problem: I've got a table with 10 columns and ~100 rows. What is the best way to present these on small screens? My idea: effective search + data displayed row-by-row. Is there any better solution?



Answer



I have had this problem several times before and aside from the recommendations above, another option is to limit the number of columns you have to only the attributes essential for users to make an informed comparison between rows. Then link each row to a card or somesuch containing all the information.


If users need to see all attributes then ignore this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...