Sunday, June 14, 2015

What are the best practices for keeping and analyzing unstructured user feedback?


To get and analyze users' feedback is vital for designing successful products as all of you perfectly know. It is more or less clear what to do with surveys' results, but what is the best way to keep results of interviews and unstructured user reports?


Shame but now I just keep feedback in a special mailbox and store interviews' summary in Notes. As a result, I create tickets in Jira after short analysis :) Previously when I had 3 more designers we used spreadsheets (excel, confluence, google sheets) but it takes too much time now when I'm the only designer (yet). The main issues with those approaches are:



  • you can't really analyze anything (e.g. find alike or controversial things) in Notes and mail ))

  • spreadsheets give some sort of analysis capabilities but it consumes too much time


Any hints on how to avoid spreadsheets? Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...