Sunday, January 24, 2016

gui design - Is there a Web UX standard as to when to use, or not use a tool-tip?


Current web application is being updated with twitter bootstrap and the UX people are hover / tool-tip happy which is leading to a very busy page.



My understanding is that tool tips should be used for icons that may not convey enough information about what they do e.g. a toolbar, but not for buttons where the text is / should be enough.


What I'd like to know is; are there current UX guidelines for current web applications that I can use to base my assumptions on?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...