Tuesday, January 26, 2016

adobe illustrator - Automating file export with different colored objects and file names


I’ve been working with Illustrator CC 2014 on a floor map for a ~400 rooms building. To allow visitors to find rooms more quickly, I wanted to generate a series of images with highlighted rooms. The rooms are mostly rectangles with their object name corresponding with their room number.


In short, I need some sort of procedure that does the following tasks:



  1. Change colour of object


  2. Export to PNG using the object name within the file name

  3. Change colour back

  4. Go on to the next object


I have no problem with steps 1, 3 and 4 using Automating tasks, but cannot figure out how to do step 2.


floor map




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...