Friday, January 8, 2016

optimization - How do I reduce noise in an image?



I have a map image, similar to this:


enter image description here
(click for larger)


At 100%, the ocean is noisy and therefore not effectively compressed to png.


Please point me in a direction of an intelligent tool for the job. (I tried GIMP but failed.)



Answer



You could use Vector Magic, which is a pretty awesome service that converts images to clean vector art.


I tested it with your image and the result is much better than the original JPG version and half of it's size.


vectorized version of the source image


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...