Friday, January 29, 2016

Turning off slices in Photoshop's "Save for Web & Devices" without deleting them


I have a document set up with slices in Photoshop. If I want to export the whole PSD as one large JPG and no other files, can I do it? I don't see any option to select combine all the slices into one just while exporting.


If I hide the slices with the View menu, it doesn't seem to make a difference once I get into 'Save or Web & Devices'. I know I could do this with 'Save As', but I like the ability to resize the exported image right there.



Answer



I would cheat. Clear slices, save for web, undo until you have your slices back, and then save that state of the file.



What I usually do is duplicate the final file and make a "slice" version, and save slices out of that. My original PSD is never sliced to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...