Friday, January 22, 2016

How to edit an animated gif in gimp to include transparency?



I have an ajax spinner which unfortunately has a white background in the corners. I want to remove the white and make it transparent using GIMP. How can I go about doing that? I tried opening it in GIMP and changing all the pixels to red to target but that changed the whole image when I made red transparent, and also it didn't seem to perpetuate through the sequence.



Answer



GIF doesn't have "proper" transparency. You will always have to optimize it towards the intended background. And depending on the image you might have to change every single keyframe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...