Saturday, January 16, 2016

modeling - Physical commodity trading quantitative risk return model


I am very new to commodities, I was previously in portfolio management/optimization (Black Litterman Markowitz etc). I am now a Buy-Sell analyst for Petrochemicals, and need to understand the basic concepts of physical commodity trading in order to create a model supporting trading decisions. I have been through Investopedia, IHS, Forbes, and a few other sources with a comb but am yet to find any actual simple examples of incorporating variables like risk appetite or political risk into a risk-return model for a single transaction. Any help/ advice on where to start is highly appreciated, I am completely lost.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...