Monday, January 18, 2016

trademark - Retina Display Email Signature


Our company uses gmail as the email client, and so our signatures are made up of text that can be edited in the text editor and images that have to be hosted on our server.


CSS is not an option.



Any idea on how I can prevent my email icons from showing up as blurry?



Answer



Use SVG images.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics


Worth noting: SVG isn't supported in older versions of IE (8 and prior). I'm not sure how it renders in crappier email clients, either.


Maybe SVG with PNG fallback, because anything with a Retina display can probably show SVG.


Another option: Don't use an image in the email signature. Why is it a requirement?


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...