Sunday, January 24, 2016

adobe photoshop - What pixel width should a designer use for the PSD, given the pixel width of the website?


What pixel width should a designer use for the PSD, given the pixel width of the website? (for example, I need a design for a website thats 1920px wide. What resolution should the designer use in photoshop?)


I'm a web developer and I always get PSDs from designers that are ridiculous arbitrary sizes. For example, I just got a PSD (for one single page of a website) that is well over a gigabyte, the image size / resolution is 5616px by 3744px. This makes it really difficult because I have to resize practically every element of the design. I have no idea why or how the designer chose to work in that resolution.


Personally, I would design at 2x the final website resolution, so I have retina images available..




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...