Monday, August 1, 2016

Critique: Tritium software logo design


I am looking for a review for a logo that is going to be shipped with a project of mine.



I wanted to keep it simple and clean, with a high level of appeal so that no one will really dislike the design of it.


Specifically:



  • Should I implement more color into the design?

  • Is the hexagon a suitable drop-back? Should I even have a drop-back?

  • Are there any design concepts I overlooked and haven't implemented?


enter image description here


Another rendition based off of a suggestion from a friend:


enter image description here



If it is important, the design was based off of a tritium atom, since the project name the logo will be paired with is "Tritium". Here is a picture of part of the website for the project (also a work in progress):


enter image description here


Also keep in mind that I am brand new to graphic design, so please be as harsh as necessary with this.




Update:


Thank you all for your feedback, unfortunately I could only accept one answer! Some of you had really good ideas/concepts, and I will try my best to implement them in my final website design.



Answer



It's interesting, but (I assume) It's really the three dots that is the tie into 'TRItium'. As such, I'd consider dumping both the circle and the hexagon. They seem superfluous to the concept.


They are nice, but (and this is just my opinion) in the world of software, those tend to give off a bit of a video game vibe--which may or may not be your objective.


So, to go back to focusing on the 'tri' I'd strip down and simplify. This example may have gone slightly too far, and you may want to incorporate a bit more into this, but I think it gets the idea across of 'keep it simple'



enter image description here


I also gave the dots different sizes to a) add some dynamism and b) try to prevent it looking like two eyes and a nose. :)


Hope that helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...