Friday, September 23, 2016

color - How do I simulate in Photoshop what a piece will look like when printed on non-white paper?


I'm designing a box in Photoshop that will be offset printed on unbleached paper. I haven't picked out a printer yet, so I don't know the exact kind of paper I'll be using and don't have access to it for proofs. For now I'm using a lightly-textured layer of tan color as a placeholder to mock it up.


What I'm trying to figure out is, how do I figure out how my design will look printed on natural paper rather than bleached white paper? I know that the brightness will be diminished and the hue will be altered, but I need to know how much so I can compensate for it as much as possible.


Is there a way to get at least a rough but reliably-simulated idea of how my prints will come out? Does it have to do with blend modes, or color separations? I'm at a bit of a loss here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...