Sunday, September 11, 2016

design principles - Making an Effective Menu


I am making a menu for an indie game and I'm not quite satisfied with my results. The menu itself needs two text fields (one to enter your username and the other for your password) and two buttons. (“log in” and “register”) I also need to have a button which brings up the credits and a button that brings up the settings screen.



Currently, the title is centered at the top of the screen. Below the title is a box which contains the username and password fields. Below that box are the “log in” and “register” buttons. Here lies the problem, I can't figure out where to put the other buttons. (Credits and settings) Should I just put them in the upper right-hand corner? Or should I make them more prominent? Or should I just completely re-arrange the current layout?


Current design: Menu Screenshot


Just as a side note, the current (interim) theme is a bit off. It's in a web 2.0 style, but the MMO is supposed to be adventurous so I wanted the background to remind someone of an old map. Incorporating this theme idea in your answer will greatly help.


Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...