Tuesday, September 20, 2016

writers block - How to organize your ideas, how to keep reasonable when writing


I tried to write about specific subject but i had a problem which is: I always lose concentration and forget some important things to write. Sometimes, a secondary idea comes to my mind and made me lose concentration and focus on the principal one. This is my problem with writing.



Answer



Before I start writing any complicated document, I open a second Word document open and put it in the Outline view. This view (mode) allows me to write one line statements and to easily hang them in a hierarchy. I then summarize a plan for the document such as...


Sample Outline


Tab and shift-Tab move individual lines left and right and the enter key can create new lines anywhere within the hierarchy. Cut and paste function as you would expect. It is a very easy tool to use and you could then type your document right into the outline. I usually just use it as a separate guide while I write in another instance of Word.



If new ideas distract me while I am writing, I add them to the outline before adding them to my actual document. Then, when I am done, I can compare the finished document to the original outline, to make sure that I haven't omitted anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...