Friday, September 9, 2016

gimp - Is there a good free replacement for the "Foliage" brush in Corel's Bob Ross "Mystic Mountain" toolset?


I recently acquired a copy of Corel Essentials 6 from the Bob Ross Humble Bundle as well as what was billed as the "Corel Painter Essentials Mystic Mountain Essentials Brush Pack". Much to my chagrin, when I started following their Mystic Mountain tutorial, I found it's apparently actually built for their Corel Painter product and another Mystic Mountain brush set. I've been able to adapt a fair amount of what they've suggested, but I'm slightly stymied where they're calling out for a "Foliage" brush. As best I can tell, as seen at 22:15 of the tutorial, this creates alternating diagonal strokes in the direction of painting in slightly varying shades of the color chosen. It does certainly seem to do the job of drawing a lot of trees very quickly.


Is there a way to emulate this in Corel Essentials, or perhaps in GIMP?


As it is, I've adapted a few other techniques to draw some of the far-off trees, and I'm attempting to learn how to simply hand draw the trees with a few strokes, but my drawing tablet is in the mail, and it's tricky to quickly swipe the trees in with mouse movements. They look like much less than happy accidents...





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...