Wednesday, September 7, 2016

technique - How to keep a main character nameless?


I'm currently writing a story about a girl who was found by a couple in a magical isolated town, where everyone is named by the leader. I want her to not have a name because of two reasons:



  1. She doesn't belong in this town so the leader cannot give her a name

  2. Names have special power that the leader can use so by not being able to name her, he has no control over her (I'm hoping to work this angle later on in the story).


I'm finding that I'm struggling to try to keep a name out of it and I'm just wondering if there are any tips anyone has to keep a nameless main character OR if there is a different angle I can approach that still keeps the idea that "names have power"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...