Friday, September 9, 2016

fixed income - Calculate bond returns from yields


I have to construct and evaluate portfolio of bonds and stocks, namely I need to get return on portfolio, standard deviation and sharpe ratios. I have weekly data that contains stock prices, and I could find only one source of weekly data for the bonds. It's from Federal Reserve Economic Data, weekly Yields on Moody's AAA bonds (long-term bonds, 20-30 years to maturity) in percentages. My problem is that I have no idea how to transform weekly yields into the form comparable to stocks' weekly returns. Can anyone give me some advise on it? The data looks like this:





  1. week1 7.44

  2. week2 7.43

  3. week3 7.40




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...