Sunday, December 18, 2016

adobe photoshop - Extract image x/y coordinates and width and height info from PDF via IL or PS


We have a professionally designed floor plan in PDF form for an event we are running currently. It is similar to a CAD drawing. We have booths (rectangular squares) drawn on it.


I have a colleague who is in the process of building a phone app and possibly a web app both of which we would like to contain an interactive floor plan which will ultimately be an image with a big image map drawn over it in HTML. To achieve this he needs the x/y coordinates of each booth or x1/y1 and x2/y2.


I am a web dev by trade so please bear with me! Is there a way to extract this data programmatically using Illustrator/Photoshop? I know you can write scripts to run in both but I would have no idea where to start.


He could do this manually but the floor plans change frequently hence we would need a quick/automatic way of doing this.



Answer



Hi Guys and thanks for your detailed answers. Neither of us are PS / IL experts so some of this seems a little complicated for what we wanted.


My colleague actually found something that pretty much did what he wanted - which was to save the PS file as .svg which apparently gave a data set of co-ordinates that he could work with.


Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...