Thursday, December 15, 2016

cs6 - Switching between tabs while dragging layers in Photoshop?



While using Photoshop I often need to drag layers from one document to another, but when I have many documents opened this gets a little tricky.


The cause of this issue is the way that Photoshop hides the tabs when there are too many of them for the size of my window / screen.


To be more specific, the problem I'm experiencing because of that, is not being able to simply drag layers from one document to another as I normally would (By simply dragging them onto the other tab) when they are too distant from each other on the tab menu.


I tried to find a few alternative ways of doing so, and would love to know if you know how to perform any of them, or alternatively find another solution for this.



  1. Disable overflowing tabs, and having all of them displayed no matter how big my window is (While cutting the document titles a little bit of course).

  2. Switch between tabs as usual ( By pressing CTRL + Tab) while dragging layers.

  3. Somehow scroll the tab menu?


I guess another way would be to constantly re-order the tabs, or simply give up on them, but I'll keep these options last.



Thanks in advance!


demo




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...