Tuesday, December 13, 2016

How to extract in batch images from one file in Illustrator?


I have a huge amount of seamless patterns. There is anywhere from 1-25 patterns per file.


I want to extract each pattern to a separate file.


Is there any automated or semi-automated way to do this?


I'd like to output is as .AI, as I want to make one more batch operation.


enter image description here


Update:


(with requests from comments)





  • Version: CC 2018.




  • Every pattern is on it's own layer (and numbers are on a different layer)




  • Solutions which appear in suggested question do not allow to save as AI.






Answer



Using the (new) Asset Export, you can export them as .SVG


You will just have to drag them into there and then go through with the export.


It isn't .AI however, they are vector and you can open up .SVG in Illustrator and still apply actions (batch) to them.




Read more about the Asset Export panel at Adobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...