Thursday, December 8, 2016

info visualisation - Best way to display a date range



I'm looking for the best way to display a date range in text that could potentially span across 2 lines. Currently I simply have something like "01-Jan-2013 -> 05-Jan-2013" with the arrow being an arrow icon.


This is fine when the start and end date are next to each other but if the text gets wrapped on to the next line this looks very messy and confusing.


What is the best way to represent start and end date ranges in a nice, quickly scannable way that wont look messy across lines?


Edit: Also the format of the text string is possible to change due to internationalisation



Answer



This is the solution I have come up with so far.


Date range when displayed inline:


Date range when displayed inline


Date range when displayed across lines:


Date range when displayed across lines



If there are no better suggestions I will eventually mark this as the accepted answer


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...