Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Images imported to Illustrator get resized despite their original size


I have a folder full of pictures, they are all 6000x4000 images. However, when I impor them into Illustrator (drag&drop inside the app) their size changes, their width and height sometimes is half of what they are, sometimes they are correct.


I'm thinking that probably something is wrong with the images, but I can't find out what.


I assume this also happens in Photoshop, didn't try it yet.



Answer



Illustrator imports raster images at their set PPI.


If you want all the images to import at the same size, they need to all be the same PPI and dimensions.


You can transform them within Illustrator but Illustrator does not perform any interpolation on raster images. Which means, scaling images within Illustrator may result in lower quality (especially when up-scaling).


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...