Thursday, December 29, 2016

What is the best way to represent the difficulty level in a children's game?



I am building a game for children.


The game contains questions.


Age range: 5-18.


Context: learning.


Before the questions I have a screen where the children select a difficulty level:


enter image description here


I want to replace the text "Level.." with somthing else which is not textual language.


I thought about colors or symbols. What is the best user experience for kids?



Answer



You could use several cues to reinforce each other: Background getting slightly darker at more difficulty. Use a star - which is a positive symbol, whatever the difficulty. Use more of the stars for more difficult levels Use colours for the stars.



For example:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...