Friday, December 30, 2016

interface - Sorting tables after multiple columns


I want to add a sorting functionality to a table. It should be able to be sorted after multiple columns.


A standard approach is something like this:


mockup


download bmml source – Wireframes created with Balsamiq Mockups


But this brings one problem, no one knows, which is the first, second an third sorting key.


As an alternative I saw something like this:


mockup



download bmml source


Here the position in the list implies, which is the first, second and third sort-key and the arrow show if it's asc/desc.


I think the second approach is more intuitive, but it also takes more space and I don't want the GUI to get cluttered.


Do you have some alternative ideas which would take less space?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...