Saturday, December 17, 2016

best practice - What are the pros and cons of embedding images in InDesign?



I used to be against embedding but realized recently that it's possible to disembed and retain the original data (layers, etc.). Here are the pros and cons I already came up with. I'm interested to hear what this community has to say.


Pros:



  • Easier to transfer (reworded from "less files to transfer")

  • No broken links


Cons:



  • Heavier InDesign file

  • Cannot see all the information in the links panel (resolution, etc.) without disembedding


  • If one image is corrupt, may corrupt the whole InDesign file


What else could be added to this list?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...