Monday, December 5, 2016

research - Has Fitts' Law been adapted to Touch screens?


The question Is there any difference in element minimal sizes on 10 and 24 inch touch screens? made me wonder; has Fitts' Law been successfully converted to Touch related events? There's 3D movement in touch events and certain types of rapid movement are easier in Touch from my experience, so I definitely think it's not directly compatible with the original Fitts' Law as it's designed for 2D movement.


Has any approximation (however rough) been made for Touch? I've found the question Fitts' Law, applying it to touch screens but there's really only info on why Fitts' law doesn't fit, not any alternate algorithms/etc.


Note: I know there are assorted guidelines related to the size of elements for Touch, but I'm talking specifically about an analog or adaptation of Fitts' law relating to ease of pointing as a function of size and distance, not just minimum size suggestions etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...