Monday, February 13, 2017

Digital asset management software recommendations?


I'm looking for recommendations for software to help manage my large collection of purchased icons and other image assets. I'm sure there must be software of the sort I'm looking for, but I haven't found anything really suitable yet. I'm looking for something that runs on Windows and is reasonably priced (say no more than $200-$300).


My icon collection is a number of different sets (styles) of icons broken into topical groupings. Each icon typically consists of a master vector image combined with the icon rendered (and hand-tweaked) into perhaps 6-8 bitmap sizes (i.e. 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 64x64, etc.) and each of them in normal, hot, and disabled forms. A base icon set may well have another 4-6 complete variations with overlaid symbols (like a "+" or "-" on top of a person icon for add and remove). So each logical icon can represent 50-60 files. There's over 2 million files in 2000 folders totaling 230 GB where I'm storing these.


I want to be able to search for icons by name, collection, keyword, format, size, etc. I want see fast thumbnails of matching files so I can select an appropriate image. I want to see what the source and license for the image is (purchased, creative commons, etc.).



Basically a database for icons/images with an understanding of derivative versions of assets.


I've found a couple of asset management programs but they seem to be designed for photographers and not really helpful for what I'm looking for. And the large number of files will likely overwhelm simplistic solutions. My Google mojo seems to be off today because I can't figure out the right keywords to find what I'm looking for. Can anyone help? Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...