Sunday, February 12, 2017

time - Best way to create a timespan GUI element?


I have to define a GUI Element that contains timespan with minutes, hours, days, weeks and months. Whats the best practice in this case?


The following possibilities I considered: enter image description here


Are there any other good ways?



Answer



My initial idea is to use a slider where you can chose timestamps appropriate to the user. The further back in time, the more rough time steps you have in this logarithmic scale. It might not be appropriate everywhere, but it’s fast and intuitive:


mockup



download bmml source – Wireframes created with Balsamiq Mockups


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...