Saturday, February 25, 2017

Compress large PDF files in Illustrator


I have a large PDF file (5 MB+) which is generated from a large dataset. The amount of details in the plot are very fine, which makes it nearly impossible to handle in Illustrator.


I want to effectively compress the file, but I can't find a good solution. I have tried a lot of different options, but nothing seems to work well (I can reduce the file by a factor 2 approximately).


Is there a way to reduce the amount of details in the figure (by combining anchor points or similar), so the size of the file is reduced by a factor 10+?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...