Monday, February 6, 2017

iphone - How can I spice up my flat iOS icons?


I'm making an icon for a speed reader app for the iPhone. These are more or less the designs I've been toying with:


enter image description here


Looking at them though, I just find they're a little boring. With the iOS 7 paradigm they seem to fit okay, but I just want them to be a little more exciting.


To illustrate what I mean, I really like the icon for Lumo:


enter image description here


It's very simple, similar to mine, but has a lot more character to the icon. I only don't like the long shadow thing.


How can I spice up my flat iOS icons? (I've tried really hard to avoid the word "pop" :))





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...