Tuesday, February 7, 2017

website design - red checkmark vs. a red "X"


I am currently designing a panel in my business application that shows a table of data to a user. The data in the table is the company's percentage (this is equated by many different values), whether or not the company has a serious violation, and whether or not the company has an overall alert related to this data.


I have currently designed the panel with a red checkmark showing that the company has a serious violation. However, recently one of my coworkers brought up that this does not make much sense since it is a checkmark and suggested to make it an "X". I am torn between the two and was wondering what people thought from a usability perspective.


Two mock ups showing current panel design with checkmark and suggested design with X




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...