Thursday, February 23, 2017

svg - Inkscape: How to overlay objects with transparent fill?


I'm trying to create a spherical triangle with 3 circles placed on top of it in Inkscape. The fill of the circles and the triangle should be transparent. Here's my progress so far:



How do I cut the path of the triangle that goes inside the circle? I've tried the options in the Path menu such as Union, Difference, Intersection, etc. but none of them seem to do what I want.



Answer



Duplicate the circle by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+D. That generates another circle on the top.


Select the triangle holding shift at the same time. Now you should have the top circle and the triangle selected, one circle should be unselected. (BTW. learn how to make the selections in the layers panel, you see what is selected, what's not and what is the actual ordering of the shapes)


Goto Path > Cut Path. Top circle vanishes, one stays. (In succesful path operations the topmost path often vanishes. Here you started with making a copy.)


Select the tip of the triangle and press DEL



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...