Friday, February 17, 2017

flow - advanced settings and default settings in different screens


I have this step by step configuration flow, to help people create an object. 
The idea is to show the required configurations on the surface, and more advanced settings, below this layer - because most of the users will not even know what those configurations will do ( I need to show them because they do exist, even tho they are for ultra-advanced users, let’s say 5% of the users). enter image description here



My question Is about having those advanced settings on a different screen.
Imagine you change some configurations on this panel, and then you go back to the default settings panel and when you try to open the object, something is not working.
 You go through these steps and everything looks fine… but what is messing everything up is an advanced configuration that is hidden behind this first surface.




Can you give me some examples on how to flag, in the default settings screen, that I have advanced configurations set?



Is this a bad way of building this flow?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...