Thursday, February 23, 2017

psychology - Why do some apps feel "heavy" while others feel "light"?


I have come up with a new concept and that is that every application or interface has a 'heavyness factor'.


Let me give you an example:


Google chrome feels 'light', it loads fast, doesn't take long to perform various functions etc etc. Firefox feels 'heavy', it takes longer to load, always asks me for updates etc, I have to devote more effort into using it.


My question: does this perception of software as 'heavy' or 'light' have psychological roots? Does it have a proper name? Is there a term in HCI where we observe users describing non-real objects with real-world metaphors?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...