Monday, June 12, 2017

adobe indesign - Which RGB profile should be used when exporting a PDF for web?


I created a 60 page book in CMYK because it is going to be printed. I now need to convert this document to RGB so it can be viewed online. From doing a little research on this site, I see that I can change the color profile as I am exporting the PDF, and not have to individually convert the photos and swatches as I originally feared.



When I went to export and change the color profile, I noticed that there are a few sRGB options. The following may seem like a silly question, but I want to make absolutely sure I'm selecting the right profile. Which sRGB profile do I need to use: Document RGB, Working RGB, or just sRGB?


sRGB Options



Answer



They are all the same profile. The name of the profile is sRGB IEC61966-2.1. The other labels are just where they are set:



  • Working RGB says your program is using that RGB mode. Yes you can work in a space that does not reflect the document setting.

  • Document RGB says the document is specifying that RGB mode.


They are all the same profile though and result in same thing.


Anyway I dont really see the point in converting the doc to RGB for web. That is unless you plan to adjust the colors after the conversion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...