Tuesday, June 20, 2017

adobe photoshop - How can I remove text from a background?



I have a background with written text over it. The thing is the image is a .jpeg, and not .psd format, so I don't have access to the layers.


This is the image:


http://f.cl.ly/items/14361k2o1V1Y2G051Z03/spaceFull.jpg
Click image for full resolution


As you can see, the written text ("Space") is quite big.


My question is: are there any effects/anything I can do in order to remove the text and still keep the background? Or at least hide it a little bit more?



Answer



Of course!


Content-aware fill is your best friend in this case.


Just make a selection around the word and go Edit -> Fill -> Content-Aware.



This usually does a pretty good job:


enter image description here


Click image for full resolution


Then you can either go back over it multiple times (maybe in smaller sections) with Content-Aware fill to clean it up, or you can play with the Spot Healing Brush Tool (J) or the Clone Stamp Tool (s).


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...