Sunday, June 18, 2017

How do you prevent scope creep in agile projects when usability testing?


I have a client who recently asked me about this problem. I was wondering how you'd handle it?


They are new to UX and to Agile methods, so they are struggling in interesting ways.



As part of a recent project, they added some usability testing to their sprints. They'd never done a usability test before and, as a result, discovered many usability issues with the design.


However, many of the problems they found were outside the original scope of the project. The UX team members wanted desperately to add many of the problems to the project's backlog, but instantly found resistance from the product owners who didn't want to delay the delivery. The result was a sense from the UX folks that the product owners didn't care about a good user experience.


My question is how might you have avoided this problem? I had initially suggested that the team needed more upfront definition of what is and isn't within the project's scope and a way to record outside-of-scope usability issues for future projects.


What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...