Friday, June 16, 2017

gestures - Where to find resources on tablet heatmaps?


I need heatmaps on tablet usage to see what regions users make use of on tablets.


The reason that I need to do this is that I need to do a recommendation on what gestures I can use the best, to do certain actions on tablets (for example: closing articles with only your thumbs).


Any resources on that topic would be great as well.




Answer



I'm not sure usage heat maps are all that useful, as users tend to interact with the regions where the most important controls are - regardless if they are in the optimum location or not.


There are some optimal thumb range heat maps in an article about thumb reachability for different sized iPhones. It might be used with tablets as well by mirroring the heat map for two-handed use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...