Friday, June 16, 2017

affordance - A button with a link: understandable or confusing?


I'm working on a design of a touchscreen version of some web application. Since it's a touchscreen I would like all clickable elements to be rather big and easy to tap (it's a simple kiosk, so multi-touch and zoom wouldn't work).



The standard hyperlink is well recognizable but rather small:


enter image description here


The button could be much bigger:


enter image description here


But the problem is that usually buttons are used for some actions and links for navigation. And than I thought: what if I a place a link on a button like this:


enter image description here


And if I use such a hybrid for navigation, would it work? Is it a link with a big clickable area around or is it just something confusing and disorienting? What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...