Tuesday, April 30, 2019

career development - Getting into UX as a CS graduate



I'm graduating from university next summer and I'd like to go into a UX/usability/interaction design job, but my degree is a straight BSc Computer Science. What can I do to convince people that I'm capable of working in the field and maximise my chances of getting a job in it?



I don't want to do a masters because it's so expensive, so I've already been doing the following:



  • Writing about UX on my blog

  • Reading loads of UX books

  • Picking all the related modules on my course

  • Choosing a dissertation with UX in it

  • Joined the UPA


Is there anything else I'm missing that you would advise?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...