Tuesday, April 9, 2019

time series - Choosing the right statistical test for Mutual Fund Performance Evaluation




I would like to perform a statistical test to check if:



  • the aggregate alpha of all funds equals 0.

  • the aggregate beta of all funds equals 1.




  • Sample of 1000 mutual funds over the period 1990 to 2017. I regress funds monthly excess return over the risk free rate against the Carhart (1997) four factor model.




Since I individually regress funds over the risk parameters. Now I have 1000 alpha, 1000 beta,...






  • I individually regress each funds excess return against the risk factors; and store the regression coefficients (alpha, beta, smb, hml, and mom) and their standard errors to calculate the t-statistic of coefficients.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...