Sunday, April 14, 2019

gimp - How to upscale a non-vector PNG pixel image without lossiness or blur?


I see it said pretty much everywhere that you can't upscale a non vector image without some lossiness and blur, but how does the zoom tool work differently?


Example: I'm trying to make this: enter image description here about twice as big.



When using the zoom tool in a program like GIMP or Paint.NET or Picture Viewer, there is very little blurriness even when made much bigger, as shown here: enter image description here


But when I use the scale tool in GIMP on any of Cubic, Linear or Sinc mode, the image becomes blurry, particularly the edges of each "pixel".


I guess using the zoom tool and printscreen>paste into a new window is ONE solution, but is it the only/best one?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...