Sunday, April 14, 2019

How is the artwork at Adobe.com created?



Having finally signed up to creative cloud, which seems incredibly good value, I started to wander how the artwork Adobe use to promote their products is actually made... Its quite 3D, and looks very slick (see http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4TQFdMFdN40J:www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativesuite.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk)


enter image description here


I am specifically referring to the 3D "Rods" that seem to be bursting out from a point.


Would I be correct in thinking that (ironically) these are not made in any of the creative suite applications? I know PS and AI have basic 3D capability, but these look to be beyond those capabilities to me....



Answer



You can be make this using a 3D app which support (directly or by plugin) populating an object (the rod in this case) onto another object (f.ex a ball object) like a flat surface with a wide-angle camera. There is absolutely no need to use fractals, displacement and so forth.


I setup this scene in about 3 minutes in Vue Infinite just for the sake of demo (further light and camera adjustments ans so forth would make it more identical):


Rods rendered in Vue


You can download a free version of Vue Pioneer here:
Vue Free version



(I am using Vue 10 Infinite - I am not sure if the free version supports population, you will need to check out the different versions at E-onsoftware)


I am also willing to share the file I used here if anyone is interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...